Many people desire to live with greater attunement to nature. Although there are many options, one method is to harness the powers of the moon’s cycles. In every phase, the moon offers us a valuable lesson. Use a New Moon to set a goal or intention. You should anticipate seeing them fulfilled, or at least greatly advance by the Full Moon.
Full Moons also have great power due to their ability to illuminate anything that has been lingering in the shadows, including emotions or behaviors. When a Supermoon occurs, this power becomes greatly amplified, while also providence an extra dose of energy to ensure your projects or goals can be completed to your satisfaction.
Supermoons provide insight and peace
Because of the immense power of a Supermoon, it is helpful to perform a balancing ritual. This will help ground you and free you from any negativity or lethargy, thus allowing you to manifest more beneficial opportunities for your life. We have compiled a step-by-step guide to help you create an effective Supermoon centering ritual.
- Gather the following objects
- A fire pit or metal bowl to safely burn items
- Sticks, twigs, and/or paper to use as fuel
- Matches or something to ignite your fire
- Paper and pen to write down what you plan on releasing to the universe
- A sage stick and/or incense to balance energy
- You may also choose to include these possible items
- Candles: Begin with a white candle and add other colors as you are led
- Crystals or gemstones: To enhance the energy and provide protection
- Oracle or Tarot cards: To use as additional guidance during the ritual
- Music: Using music you feel energized by can help you create an optimal mindset for your ritual
- Set up your sacred space where you will perform your ritual
- Light a fire in your bowl or fire pit.
- Burn sage or incense to clear the energy surrounding your sacred space. Then smudge yourself by wafting the smoke over your body from head to toe.
- Ground your energy by either sitting or standing. Place your feet on the ground and connect with the earth’s energy. Allow yourself to become rooted to the Earth and bring that energy up through your chakras beginning from the base and going to the crown and connect to the white light of the Universe.
- Invoke your spirit guides, angels, and ancestors. Harness their guidance and support to purge what is no longer benefiting your spirit.
- Write down aspects you want to release from your life on a piece of paper. Maybe rid yourself of any jealousy, hatred, or toxic emotions or relationships.
- Burn this paper in your fire. This releases the burden and is purge by Divine Love.
- Thank the Divine. your guides, angels, and ancestors. Thank the moon, the Universe, and all the elements (Air, Earth, Fire, and Water).
- Extinguish your fire and scatter any ashes outside in the light of the moon.
Please note that these are general instructions. Just as there are no “mistakes” when performing a ritual so long as your intentions are benevolent. You will know if your ritual is effective if you feel lighter, more peaceful and happier after you scatter the ashes.