Hypnosis is something that many people believe in and love. This is a practice that has been around for years and years and was done in ancient Greek and Egyptian times. This was a ritual that was meant to bring healing and dreams for people that had mental problems.
People still believe that hypnosis is important. They believe that you can do your own self-hypnosis and reap the benefits the same that you can when you get it done by someone else.
Self-hypnosis means that you are in a state where your mind is totally focused, similar to meditation but even deeper.
This is a practice that won’t just make you calm and relaxed, it can help you to deal with habits that you have been struggling with and help to get rid of thought patterns that are negative. Even if you don’t believe that this will help you, there is scientific proof that it can help.
Benefits of Self-Hypnosis
Here are some of the benefits of doing self-hypnosis:
Better Sleeping Habits
Many people have sleep problems, and they suffer from insomnia and other situations. People that have done self-hypnosis have often reported that things improved in their sleep habits such as:
- Better sleeping.
- No more hot flashes.
- Mood changes.
Self-hypnosis is something that you can do on your own and you can even go in and have someone do hypnosis on you, it will just be a little different.
Another thing that many people that are doing self-hypnosis is weight loss. This is some things that have been noticed with this practice:
- More awareness of food.
- Having a better body image.
- Limiting eating responses when emotions are high.
Studies have also shown that this can help you to have more self-control and can help to improve our eating habits.
People that have chronic pain can also benefit from self-hypnosis. This is something that can help the patient understand how to deal with the pain that they are experiencing each day.
Hypnosis is thought to help with pain relief and will help to improve pain even after the treatments end.
Here are some other benefits of self-hypnosis:
- Being more mindful.
- Getting rid of stress and anxiety.
- Having more self-confidence.
- Stop smoking.
How to Do Self-Hypnosis
Here are some ways to do your own hypnosis:
- Find somewhere comfortable to sit and make sure that you are relaxed.
- Find a spot in the house that won’t cause you distractions.
- Set your goals on what you want to improve.
- Focus on something in your sight and let it get blurry.
- Breathe in and out deeply and keep looking at your focus point.
- Keep relaxing as you keep your thoughts from taking off and wandering.
- Imagine that you are in a place that makes you happy such as the beach or sitting by a stream.
- Spend time exploring your area.
- Say something like, “I am calm and at peace.”
- As you are calm, try to reach your goal. If it is to sleep better, look for a bed and imagine that you are in a cool, calm place that makes you sleepy.
- Affirm your goal by saying, “I am talking with confidence, and I am not nervous.”
- Leave your place and let your body go back to normal breathing.
- Count down from 10 and say, “When I get to 1, I will open my eyes and be awake. I will have plenty of energy.”
Other Things to Try
There are other things that you can do that can help you to relax without having to do self-hypnosis such as:
- Imagine that you are climbing stairs slowly from the top to the bottom. Tell yourself what to feel and how to be relaxed when you reach the last step.
- Imagine that you are swimming in deep water, and you are letting go of tension.
Keep It Going
No matter what kind of things that you choose to do to relax, do them as a habit. This is a way that you can learn to be mindful of what you need. Try to do this at least 15 minutes each day and as you believe in its works, keep going.
Finding a therapist
If you don’t feel that you are able to do your own hypnosis, find someone that can help you. Find a professional that is trained in mental health, help, and let them give you information about what to expect.
People need to learn to relax and to be calm. Some people can do self-hypnosis and some people do not benefit from it. Find out if you are someone that will benefit from it and give it a try.
This could be just the help that you need in order to live your best life and to have an overall good well-being. Don’t stop looking until you find what is perfect for you.